Thursday, May 20, 2004

What nerve!

Those jackasses in command of our forces in Iraq and in Washington have stooped lower than even I thought they could stoop. The 40 people killed at the Wedding in Iraq or the terrorist camp as the Army would like you to believe has been justified by our own people as "Bad things happen in war. I don't have to justify the conduct of my men". That was from the man at the head of the investigation of the incident. Now this man said this in regards to the fact that many of the victims of this attack were children and women. He said he could not comment on that due to the fact that he had not seen the pictures.........Now let me get this straight. You just completed a "thorough investigation" and you haven't seen the pictures of the scene of the attack? Do you think we are all retards!!?? I guess so. I was in the military and I am well aware of the fact that higher ups talk down to their subordinates. It's their job. But now I am a civilian and I demand more of an explanation than "bad things happen". If the palestinians blew up a bus stop to kill one soldier standing near it and killed some kids the scorn would be harsh and deservedly so. But we do it to kill some terrorists and some kids get killed in the process and the best we get from the man in charge is, Oh well bad things happen! :) Give me a break. We have cheapened the lives of every Iraqi citizen to the point that to hear about Iraqis dying is no more a consequence than throwing out the garbage. And we wonder why the muslim extremists find it so easy to extinguish our lives. Something bad is going to happen I fear in the US. I only hope and pray we learn from it instead of react to it like we did on 9-11. God help us to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home