Saturday, August 20, 2005

Intelligent design is far from intelligent

I am hearing more and more this business of "Intelligent Design". Now it's not shocking to hear religiously tinged info around the news and internet but these revelations are comming from an unlikely source. Politicians. Any modern day Christian that takes heart in that fact is a moron. Politicians are notorious liars, theives, and base every word comming out of their mouth on what their advisors tell them to say. Evidently this bullshit of people voting for their "morality" rather than who they think is best suited for the job is having even farther reaching effect than I first anticipated. I say this not because I am against morality. I say this because any jackass that thinks Bush is moral does not know the definition of the word. Bush supposedly got elected because he mobilized the Christian right. That is nowhere near the truth. The Christian right has been pretty damn mobile since the mid 80's. Mostly because all the hippies and coke heads of the 60's and 70's grew up and now feel guilty for being godless heathens. They now try and stomp out fun wherever they find it. Sure they got some worthwhile causes like reducing abortions but in the end what they want is for all fun on the planet to be snuffed out. I am getting off the point. Anyway Bush won the election because the socalled youth movement that was going to supposedly take over the election and get Bush out of office never materialized. Apparently these lazy do nothings care as little about their own well being as they do about anyone elses. Intelligent design is just another way that the christian right is trying to force religion into schools. With all these moral people in this country it's a wonder I have to lock my doors. I mean really. How can you teach intelligent design without preaching? The entire premise is that some guy in space makes the universe in 7 days. Actually 6 if you believe the crap that God needs rest. I remember learning evolution in school. They touched on it for a few weeks every school year for several years. I had some pretty good teachers. I had some shitty ones too. Most of the time the shitty ones taught the classes you actually used. Contemporary World Issues class was taught by a good man. My Geometry and Calc was taught by a dickhead. Chemistry and Biology were taught by bitches that would never explain anything. Ask a question and I would be told "I can't believe you don't get this!" So I stopped asking questions and got C's in my later sciences. I loved science until it was beaten out of me by shitty teachers. I hated English but loved the teachers. I got A's. My point is that religion cannot be allowed to be taught in schools. They barely teach the classes they got right now. Creation is a question that has been asked since the beginning of time. Evolution makes sense. Who's to say that God does not drive evolution? The creating the universe in 6 days garbage is nonsense. God is nature. Nature moves slowly. It takes millions of years to make a diamond. Millions of years for islands to form. Millions! These yahoos say that dinosaurs and man walked side by side. They have no Biblical reason for saying this. They just know that if they admit that dinosaurs and man existed in different eras they would have to admit that the Bible is wrong or at least misinterpeted. Intelligent design is poorly thought out and based on the Bible. The bible is sacred. It has alot of historical facts in it. Gods word is indeed within it. What it isn't is clearly written. How someone on this Earth gets qualified to decide what God wants is beyond me. How are they going to mold a theory based on the Bible to make sense to a child and not sound like some fuckin fairy tale? Are they going to include the part about everyone on Earth comming from Adam and Eve? Are they going to include the part about the Garden Of Eden and how we got thrown out because we ate of the Tree Of Knowledge? My favorite is that once they ate the fruit they all of a sudden developed modesty and put on clothes. In church you can get away with stuff like that because it's all based on faith. What goes on in a classroom has to be based on fact. Or at least what stands as close to fact as we can muster. Evolution fills that bill because it makes sense. It has yet to be disproved and until that time it must be considered as viable. These yo yos want to teach your children their form of religion when only a parent knows how they want their child to worship. That is exactly why religion should be kept out of school. I don't profess to know everything. I just have a problem with assholes that think that they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home