Thursday, September 01, 2005

I've changed my mind..........again

Forget Bush. Forget politics. This is getting scary. What is going on in New Orleans is what can happen to this country in less than a week. It's unbelievable what is going on in this country today. 9/11? Childs play. 6 bucks for gas in some parts of this country. Last week when I bought gas it was $2.45. I just glanced at the sign on the way home. $3.19. And that is the low end around here. Almost .75 cents in less than a week. In many major cities there is a limit on how much gas you can get. Lines that look like something out of the 70's. I just thought of something. At least we will have some really nice roads to ride out bikes on. At least for a little while. What was going on in California a few years ago is happening nation wide right now. And the speed is what is killing me. The hurricane just sped it along. This was comming within the next 2 years or so anyway. There is a panic. You can feel it in the newscasts. When you watch the news and see children hunched over with an empty bowl you expect to find that it's in some 3rd world shithole. It's here. In America. The country that this is not supposed to happen in! Why are there not tanks being dropped into the streets of New Orleans to blow those looters away? Why are there not 50000 troops already on their way with plane loads of food for these people? Why are people dying of thrist? We found out that it takes very little to send this country into 3rd world status. We should take a lesson. All our conveniences have a price. They make us dependent on them. Without them we collapse. Gasoline fuels this convenience machine. Without it we will collapse. Will this country die out? Nah. I just won't be able to support 300 million people. The weak will die. Children with one parent will have it rougher than kids with two. Elderly will not be able to survive. All the weight on society will either drag it down or society will cut these people off and move on. People will choose the later. People always choose to live rather than try and raise up those that can't contribute. Those that don't will be among the casualties. I'm not prepared to live like that. I am not ready to make those choices. Eventually the great dying will stop and the population will stablize. What's left may be a colonialesque civilization. I have changed my mind. I once wished that the end of the world as we know it would just hurry up and get here so we could get it over with. I'm not ready. None of us are. I would not be able to survive in the new world. I just hope and pray that the higher ups in this country are as smart as we think they are. So far with Bush INC. all they have demonstrated is that they are idiots. Asleep at the wheel. I hope Bush makes some wise choices in the comming days. Our living and dying is going to depend on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryce Eddings said...

Nice blog. Do me a favor and check out my site sometime. It's here. It's about online trading and stock market.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home