Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Guys in Iraq need to realize who they are dealing with

The heartbreaking story of the two guys that went MIA the other day came to a head finally. Evidently they were tortured "barbaricly" what ever the hell that means. I mean touture by definition is barbaric no matter what it is. Whether you are holding someones head under water, or pounding nails through their fingertips, the fact does not change that the person being tortured, does not know their fate. Reading about the prison camps in Nazi Germany, the captives said that the most soul crushing aspect of captivity was the uncertainty. The not knowing when your time would come. Thankfully for those two guys in Iraq that time came relatively swiftly. I doubt they spent one second of last week with any kind of respite from misery. Their families are in agony. To know that my sons life ended in such a way would haunt me the rest of my days. This is one reason that my son or daughter will NEVER join the Army, or Marines. Yeah yeah yeah, you can talk shit all you want about my child should be allowed to do what they want, but my duty as a parent is to protect my child and he/she will never enter into a service that would leave them isolated in a hostile area with no support from their fellows. At least in the Navy, for the most part you are on a ship killing the enemy. Yeah it's dangerous, but there are hospitals on the boats, and as far as I have heard, no terrorists. I pray for these guys families peace. I hope in time they find it. As far as the rest of the guys over in Iraq, they need to remember who they are dealing with. I would think it would be far better if a person were to know they were going to be captured to save the last bullet for themselves. This is probably harder than it sounds.............and it sounds pretty hard, but in the whole scheme of things I would rather be dead whilst being skinned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home