Saturday, January 21, 2006

Guns

I like guns. I really really, really, like guns. In fact this blog was supposed to be dedicated to the fuckin things but I have not gotten around to it. Now I bet your are asking yourself, "Self? I wonder what his favorite caliber is?" Well it's funny you should ask that because I am about to tell you! My favorite all around caliber is the .223. Now I know what you are saying. You are saying, "Is this fucker on crack?" A few years ago I would have said the same thing. The reason for my change is the fact that I now own a really nice .223 Rem and I really like it. My .223 is an AR-15 carbine. I bought it about 6 months ago and let me tell ya! You could really run some people off with it. It's light, it's high capacity, it's reliable and it's cool to look at. Most importantly all of these things added up give you a perfect survival rifle. I could carry it all day with 300 rounds of ammo, take out russian convoys, and be back in time for pig on a stick around the campfire. WOLVERINES!!!!!! Anyway. I have guns that I like better. My Beretta CX4 Carbine in 9mm is a much better close quarters rifle. 125 grains of hollowpoint humming at you at 1600 FPS is gonna leave a mark. Plenty of Cubanstopping power and in a much more housefriendly package than the AR. Much more controllable than a pistol and more predictable than a shotgun. Plus I like the 20 round mags the Beretta has rather than the 3 or 4 rounds you'd get in the Mossberg 500. My M1 Garand comes to mind as a favorite weapon. All the power and range you'd ever need. Plus if you ever feel like smashing someones skull, you'd know that you were more than prepared. Knowing that rifle has probably smashed a Nazi skull or two before is just gravy. Now on the pistol front I am kind of lacking. If I was to choose any pistol I wanted, it would be the Desert Eagle .44 mag. Nothing like facing down a Nicaraguan Death Squad with nothing but a fistful of steel. But alas the only thing I come packin is my Ruger P89DC 9mm. Now this baby is no slouch. It's built like a truck and comes in all varieties of hi cap mags from 10 to 30. I only have the 10s but I have 3 so I pretend I have one of the big ones. This thing is very accurate at 25 yards and closer. It shoots to the left but I know that so I simply adjust for it. Yeah it has adjustable rear sights but I never get around to fixing the damn things. I also have a CZ52. It shoots the capable 7.62x25 round. This bullet will plow through a bullet proof vest. It will also go through one side of a kevlar helmet and smile at you on its way out the other. Now bullets don't actually smile but my face does knowing that I have that capability in a nice pocket sized pistol. I have more rifles. But when it comes right down to it if you want to pick the most versitile rifle I have it will be those in the .223 or the 5.56 mm Nato. Mostly due to its availiability, power, light recoil, and inherant accuracy. If I am going to have a rifle that I can take with me into the woods and live with it will be my Bushmaster. My wife can shoot it, I can shoot it, my kids can shoot it and so far its duribility is not suspect in the least. I also have a Norinko AK74 . Its a .223 too. Its actually called a BWK 92 Sporter. Looks like an AK to me. So! If I am to take just ONE rifle and all the ammo I can carry into the woods while the Cubans are chasing me, it will be my AR. Didn't I say that already. Like 3 different times?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home