Monday, March 20, 2006

Jessica Lynch is not at fault

Every day it is reinforced with me that Americans, for the most part, are retarded. I was talking to some people at work the other day, and for some reason, the topic of Jessica Lynch came up. I think someone saw her on TV or something. Anyway, I am happy to hear that she got over a million dollars for her book deal. She is also going to WVU and studying journalism. She has a full scholarship to WVU. That I'm not so happy about simply because it might not be fair. I mean, I hope the other people that were in her convoy are getting scholarships too. What irked me about what they were talking about was the garbage that was spread immediately after their convoy was attacked. These guys tell me that she killed several of her attackers and was only taken after she had expended all her magazines. She was shot, stabbed, and raped, because as you know. "All them Iraqi men want themselves a blonde haired blue eyed American girl." Well most men aren't rapists. Especially when the girl has a shattered thigh, arm, spine, and several other injurys sustained when her vehicle overturned in the desert, after attempting to avoid hostile fire. She wasn't driving. It makes her exploits even more impressive! How the hell did she fight so hard while being so gravely injured? And how did she survive afterwards? With being beaten, and interrogated, there hardly would have been time for her to receive medical care. What a trooper! Well no matter how it really happened, the girl is not at fault for her circumstances. She was doing her job, and while hero is a little over the top, I would venture to call her a decorated combat vet. That in itself is pretty distinguished. The truth is, Jessica could not have done anything that the Pentagon released to the press. She was too badly injured and cannot remember anything after the accident. Her comrades that fought to the death were practicaly ignored even to this day, but hey! All the combat dead are being marginalized. It's also not Jessicas fault that her rescue was presented as some kind of daring rescue operation, when in reality all the guys had to do was walk into the hospital, pick her up, and go home. It's funny how the original story is so previlent, even after Jessicas book came out and pretty much debunked the entire line the Pentagon originaly sold everyone. These people still argue with me about it, thinking that I am baggin on Miss Lynch. Truth is I am very simpathetic to Jessica. I just want the real story to be known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home