Thursday, July 22, 2004

Ok so I'm a hipocrit

Arent we all?  I just broke down and bought an AR-15.  Bushmaster M4A3.   After being an AK man nearly all my life I finally had to admit to myself that I have always truly wanted an AR.   Everytime I went to the gun shows they would always catch my eye.  The fit and finish of these rifles is amazing.  Compared with an AK that is.  AKs always looked like they had been through hell even though alot of times they were brand new! HAHA.  This last time I went to my local weapons dealer  (AKA Huntin and fishin shop)  I perused the usual suspects.  The junky Cetme's, the Saiga shotguns, the array of SKS's and AK's, and of course your usual bolt actions and lever jobs.   I handle a lot of them just admiring the craftsmanship that went into alot of them.  For a time I would ignore the M-16/AR-15 rack all together.  I mean really!  We AK people can't fraternize with that jamming piece of shit!  Not to mention the price tags were generally way out of line which pissed me off since half of the weapon is made of a space age polimer we call plastic.   But for some reason I picked one up this time.  The balance was amazing.  The way the clip just slid in and fell out with the push of a button.  Then I looked across the sights.  For a rifle that is so short, it pointed effortlessly.  Everything about this weapon was top notch and you could tell.  Made in America.  I had to have one.  Then I looked at the price.  Funny thing was I could not put it down.  It was going to be mine no matter what.  I wasn't pissed.  The gears in my head were turning trying to figure out a way to get my mits on one of these blue steeled beauties.  I could ask my dad for the money but he always said the same thing.  "You'll shoot your eye out."  Anyway I got the cash and 1000 rounds of ammo.  Now I have to wait.  For 12 days I am going to wait.  Then I can go get it and burn up the range.  I fully intend to shoot all 1000 rounds in a day.   I am going to put the jamming myth to the test.  True or not I am going to find out the answer for myself in 12 short days.  I'll get back to you.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home